Friday, January 21, 2011

: easily moved to love, pity, or sorrow

When I was in the 7th grade, one of my good friends lost his father. I didn't know his dad at all, but I knew the impact that loss was to my friend. I remember sitting at the edge of my bed bawling. My mom came in my room and put her arm around me and muttered the words, "Jennifer, you have always been so tenderhearted, Michael is lucky to have you as a friend."

This week has been super emotional for me. The woman who takes care of my girls learned that her husband has a treatable disease, but with his age comes great concern. My grandparents are both fighting various ailments. About twenty minutes ago I learned of a great disappointment from one of my friends. My heart is so heavy because I am tenderhearted : easily moved to love, pity or sorrow.

It's funny because I was getting my hair done the other day and the lady told me that I give off a very confident vibe. That I come across as I have everything together. HA! Those of you who know the real me know that I struggle with such petty things. I want to be perfect under all of the hats that I wear, but I am far from it. I may come across strong, but let me be the first to tell you I am so very weak.

I wear my heart on my sleeve. Those of you who are close to me, who have been willing to look past the strong exterior know that I melt in your kind words and hugs. My heart is extended in so many directions right now. I love and I need to be loved.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Great words, Jennifer. When we are younger, we think we are invincible, we are not. Your love of people and your tender heart shines through you. We don't know how much a prayer, a touch or a word eases the heart. Keep it up.