Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Fourth of July

I love the community that we live in. For just about every major holiday, they throw some kind of festival, but the 4th of July is my absolute favorite. It's an all day event. They have 1k, 5k and 10k races in the morning, pancake breakfast, parade, games, booths, food, live music and FIREWORKS. They do not mess around with the fireworks. It's a good 20 minute show with "bombs bursting in air" right over your head. It is truly amazing to watch. This year was the first year that Emily loved any kind of fireworks. She had so much fun. In fact, yesterday as I was taking a morning walk with them she asked to see them again as we passed the giant lawn that they were displayed from.

Here are just a few photos from the day:


Oh, say can you see? This girl is adorable.
Emily's first gum experience---the parade participants threw candy and gum out to the kiddos.
Emily and Ella enjoying the candy...
My parents came out in the evening for the experience. I'm pretty sure they did not leave disappointed! My kids loved having them there too.
Waiting for the fireworks with their glow in the dark necklaces.

No comments: