Saturday, May 10, 2008

Early Mother's Day present...

My little girl is 6 months old today.  In fact, she woke us up at 5:51 this morning---the EXACT time that she was born.  Crazy.  Brian and I have experienced so many different kind of emotions in the past 6 months.  I love every minute that I get to spend with her.  You see, my little pity party that I was having recently was mostly because of mother guilt.  For those of you don't have to work away from home---you may never understand the complete dread of every morning--- knowing that you are going to have to send your little girl off to someone else's arms.  When she cries, you aren't the one to comfort her.  When she smiles, you aren't the one to receive the joy.  I got an early mother's day present last night... Brian was holding Emily, I leaned in to give her a kiss, and she reached for me.  This is the first time she has ever held out both arms to be held by her mommy.  I cannot even begin to describe how incredible it was for this working mommy.  I needed that more than she will ever know.  

7 comments:

Lyn said...

Oh, that is so sweet. And I hope you have a very happy first Mother's Day!

Alicia said...

This post made me teary. I know the feeling of your baby reaching out for you and how we as mothers melt at it. I only know the working mom feeling a little. I had to work for 8 months after Hannah was born. I know it's hard, so hard.
You are such a great Mommy - Emily knows this! She's one lucky girl!

Happy Mother's Day! You deserve the best!

Don said...

Great post, Jennifer! No doubt she seriously loves her mom! She knows who loves her too!!

Heidi said...

Oh Jen, I know what you're talking about... It is so hard to leave your baby with someone else. You are a wonderful mom and a wonderful wife - trying to find your way through this crazy journey. You're doing a great job.

Brazenlilly said...

You are obviously a great mom, Jen, and your baby knows how much you love her! It's about quality, not quantity! You are providing a wonderful, loving environment for her and she is growing up healthy and happy! Hope you had a great mom's day. :)

Dawn Coleman said...

Oh what a great thing to have happen on Mother's Day. You know all moms have some level of guilt about SOMETHING, whether you stay at home or not. YOu are doing a great job! We miss you guys!

Missarrie said...

What a great Mother's Day gift; I hope that you have many more wonderful Mother's Days to come. You are a wonderful mom; keep up the good work. My prayers are with you as you go through this journey as a mom working outside your home; heavens knows if you were not working outside your home you would still be considered a "working mom."

Happy Mother's Day.