Monday, September 14, 2009

The art of losing myself

So, I was having a discussion about my love for the song "From the Inside Out" from Hillsong the other day.  Ever since then I haven't been able to get the song out of my head.  When I attended FCCHB I had the opportunity to help lead the congregation in this song and so I know the words, I know the melody.  I've been hearing it in my head since our conversation, but today, I had the song playing and it totally hit me like a ton of bricks.  You know how they say when you read the Bible you get something different out of it every time, well this song has also been that for me.  

When we started trying to get pregnant with this pregnancy, I was consumed with the fact that it was totally out of my control.  It was out of my control with Emily, it was out of my control this time.  I kept hearing over and over, "My heart and my soul, I give you control, consume me from the inside out.  Let justice and praise become my embrace to love you from the inside out."  Getting pregnant is supposed to be joyful, but for me it becomes a time of worry and fear and my least favorite....waiting.  It's so hard to wait.  God really held a mirror up to my face and said---give ME the control.  Through tears....I did just that.  Now, I'm pregnant and I know how huge of a blessing and gift it is from Him.  

I've got a lot on my mind again and WHAM....this hit me  "Your will above all else, my purpose remains.  The art of losing myself in bringing you praise.  Everlasting, Your light will shine when all else fades.  Never Ending, your glory goes beyond all fame."  

I have a decent prayer life.  I like to think that I have a lot of conversations with God throughout the day.  I pray for my family, my friends, my kid(s) and myself.  I think I need to be more intentional about praying for God's will in every aspect of life.  So, I guess I'm going to have to start losing more of myself.  I don't want it to just be an art, but a masterpiece. 

3 comments:

Lyn said...

What a beautiful post and a beautiful heart's desire.

Kristi said...

Ah what a good blog. love it. love your thoughts...so good. :)

Joyson said...

love that song too - thanks for this post. it's encouraging!