Sunday, December 20, 2009

Move on over Santa....

Make way for the Pacifier Fairy! I think I can count on two hands the amount of times that I have actually slept through the night in the past two years (longer if you count pregnancy). I will definitely say that Brian and I are at fault to a certain degree to how much we have babied Emily. We were so proud of ourselves for getting her off the pacifier except for naptime and bedtime WELL OVER a year ago.; however, we never really let her cry it out if it fell out in the middle of the night. As two full-time workers, we never really felt the desire to let her cry it out because we figured that meant more dramatic sleepless nights and we just never felt like it was that big of a deal. Well, I AM OVER IT. Since she is in the toddler bed we are getting even less sleep because if she loses the pacifier, she'll just walk into our room and turn the lights on. This is not working for this 32 week pregnant woman. I'm exhausted.

Last night we tried to get her to go to bed without the pacifier and she actually did really well, but she came into our room four times asking for it. We didn't let her have it, but she is resourceful and did find it on her own. So, this afternoon before naptime we took some time and made a box to send to the Pacifier Fairy. The fairy's desire is to collect pacifiers from all the big boys and girls and give them to the babies that cry. So, sure enough, the Pacifier Fairy came during Emily's nap. Here are pictures and videos of the big event...







10 comments:

meg said...

So cute! we had the Pacifier fairy come to our house earlier this year too. Good luck over the next few days.

Heidi said...

Love it!!!!! Hope it all goes well. : )

Erin said...

I love you guys...and I'm stealing this :-)

Joyson said...

So cute!

The Marshall Fam said...

Big step! The pacifier fairy worked great for a friend of mine!

Sarah said...

Adorable...interested on hearing how she does the next few years. Personally God blessed me with two kids that hated the pacifier or who knows, they still might have them to this day....lol. I value my sleep also. :)

Judi said...

cute...!

Tabatha said...

AWESOME!!

Kristi said...

Dude. I laughed out loud when I read that she came in your room and turned the lights on. I could totally picture her doing that. Although it made me laugh, it would NOT make me laugh if I was the one sleeping. 2 or 3 rough nights are worth a long period of interrupted sleep! I hope this does the trick!!!!!

Lyonslove said...

Great idea. Good job parents!