Monday, January 18, 2010

36 weeks and other happenings

That's right, I have actually less than four weeks until my due date and we're pretty excited about that around here. I took a picture of my belly, but I am a bit too lazy to get it uploaded for this post.

My mind is exploding with all kinds of thoughts right now. The devastation in Haiti is beyond words for me. My brother in law's father just lost his battle to a brain tumor and when I don't really know what to do in these situations to help, I pray. I pray a lot.

So, I get choked up in the little things around home. I appreciate the laughter Emily brings. I love it when she looks at my belly to see how Kinley is and then turns around and lifts Brian's shirt up to see how Kinley is....hehehe. I think she's finally starting to understand that Kinley will be coming home with us. She's helped us get some of her clothes put away. She knows where her bed is. I made the mistake of telling Emily that Kinley will come out of my belly and she'll probably cry, but she'll also sleep and eat and poop....so now Emily often asks if Kinley pooped yet. Great.

I cherish our "night-night" routine and love hearing Emily sing songs of worship and offer up names of people she wants to pray for before she goes to bed. She prays for family, she prays for the kids in Haiti, she prays for Kinley. She sings "Jesus loves the little children, all the children of the world" and that one gets me the most when I think about all the children in Haiti....She's such a little nurturer because if she sees a tear she wants to know, "what's wrong mommy?"

She's going to be such a good big sister. We're talking about Kinley all the time around here. Can't wait to meet her!


2 comments:

Lyn said...

Love your blog. We can't wait to meet little Kinley, too. She'll "round out" the family quite nicely. We're so sorry about Robert's dad's passing, too. We are praying for Robert, Alyse and the family. Love you!

Kristi said...

What a rough week. It is times like these that our children seem even more precious...

BTW... i can't wait to meet Kinley either!!!