Friday, January 1, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

If the year 2010 will be anything like the last few hours of 2009 it will be a GREAT year. I haven't laughed so much in a long time and it was just what I needed! My parents were SO sweet to offer to watch Emily overnight for New Year's Eve so we thought it would be so fun to ring in the new year with Joe and Alisha sans kids! We had a lovely dinner and spent 3 hours in a restaurant actually focused on each other and the conversation instead of instructing one of our kids to stay close or leaving the restaurant to "reset" our little one's attitude.

We planned to go to a movie, but since our dinner took so long we just decided to head home. Now, I get made fun of a lot because I'm always wanting to get a picture or "THE" perfect picture for my blog. Well, we didn't quite get the perfect photo last night and I decided I needed to post the series of events...

First of all, the reason I wanted a picture in the first place was because they bought us these flannel pajamas and they were giving us a really hard time because we didn't wear them yet. Brian and I both get pretty hot in our sleep so the idea of flannel didn't sound cozy. Fine to hang out in, but not sleep in. Anyway, after much abuse we finally put them on. So, I "demanded" a photo.

Joe looking super comfortable, cozy and cute, Queen Alisha on her throne, me holding on to Brian hoping to somewhat cover the major baby bump...After this picture I realized I probably shouldn't have already taken my make-up off...oh well.
Okay, so the next picture, I decided that holding to brian didn't help, I liked Joe's idea of cozy from the first picture...Brian looks like he might like me a little bit more in this photo....oh, and Alisha is still on her throne.
Our camera was on a timer. Joe and Alisha were posing like they were at prom and then they said it wasn't much like prom....I told them it was because Brian wasn't holding on to me. So I grabbed his hand and put it on my belly---it was at that exact moment that the camera took the picture which is why Joe and Alisha are laughing so hard.
So, then we do the prom picture and they don't---Alisha's eyes are even closed. It was at that point that they all gave up on me.

For the remainder of the evening we pretty much just played games. I HAD to get a video of Brian playing this game because it was just too good not to share. I'm sure if you don't know Brian that well it's not very funny, but trust me this is SO OUT of his comfort zone. This game is called "Just Dance" and he actually BEAT all of us! It was a great night!

4 comments:

Kristi said...

Dude. HILARIOUS. And we played Just Dance all night too. SEriously - the funnest game EVER!!!

Rostamizadeh Family said...

Um...I have the feeling that he had your drinks that evening. I can't believe that he let you videotape him. Thanks for sharing.

FRANSZTASTIC said...

Those are some SWEET dance moves!!! Very Mayan with a Hip-Hop Twist! Jess says that it reminded her of the African Anteater Dance from Can't By Me Love... with Mr. McDreamy - her FAV. Keep Dancing Guys!

An angry participant said...

I DEMAND THIS SITE BE SHUT DOWN!