Friday, July 2, 2010

My girls

Seriously, my girls are so precious to me. They can get me to smile at the end of a very long day. They can make my heart feel more love than I have ever known. They complete me in ways that I never knew I needed. I say this at the end of the LONGEST week.

Emily has had croup this week and we are certainly paying the price. Two nights out of the week she was up every 30 minutes either coughing or crying/whining for us to come into her room. Kinley, who is 5 months old, is not sleeping through the night yet and her amount of "wakes" have been more frequent this week. I'm thinking it might have something to do with the amount of times Emily is waking. Kinley is also outgrowing the swaddling stage though. The blankets we have used no longer contain her and we figure it's a good time to break her of that habit then to switch to a new kind of blanket and prolong the inevitable.

Brian and I are functioning on fumes. We are exhausted. Kinley is still in a bassinet in our room. She's not on a good sleep pattern yet to move her into Emily's room. We're desperate for change. We are holding out every bit of hope that Kinley starts to sleep better for several reasons.

Precious girls....PLEASE SLEEP!

1 comment:

Lyn said...

I do hope and and praying that God will grant you some much-needed rest tonight. I love you and those precious girls.