Monday, July 26, 2010

A couple of Emily things....

Emily LOVES her baby sister. She loves her too much sometimes. She likes to get right in her face and say, HI KINLEY!!!! Everything she does is RIGHT IN HER FACE. I say, Emily you need to give her space almost as often as I breathe.

The other night it went down like this:

Me: Emily, honey, you really need to give her some space
E: I can't I LOVE HER!

She's also becoming a bit more of a snuggle bug. She is not one to offer hugs to anyone. She often holds her hands straight to her side even when asked to hug a grandparent. She's just not very affectionate. Never has been. Even as a baby she would cry if we held her, she wanted to be on her own. Anyway, before going to bed, her new thing is to ask if she can snuggle us. Let me think, uh, YES! I just thought it was so incredibly sweet the other night when she "snuggled me." She was in bed and pulled my head, neck, shoulders down next to her. She started to scratch my back and hummed a tune. She played with my hair a bit and then told me it was time for bed. Love her.

No comments: