Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Well, that will wake you up...

Okay, so as I mentioned in a blog a little while ago----I'm exhausted.  It isn't abnormal for me to go to bed before 10 because I have to be at work by 7, so between getting myself up and ready and Emily up, fed and ready to go---I am up pretty early.  Tonight, my bedtime was 9:00.  Sweet, beautiful 9:00.  As you can tell from the timestamp....it is not yet August 21st as I had hoped it would be the next time I opened my eyes.  

My sleep was interrupted by a very loud repetitive thumping sound.  I had NO idea what it could be, but like I said it was loud!  My gut reaction was to start yelling----again---I was SOUND asleep before this occurred.  Brian, waking up along with me---completely groggy joins me in my quest to find out exactly what was causing this horrible, terrifying sound.  Was it our ceiling fan?  Was our ceiling fan breaking apart chucking pieces of it's wood around our room?  Yes, it's the ceiling fan, but I don't feel anything falling on me....I don't see anything falling around the room.  Ahhh.....yesssss....it's the deflated "Happy Birthday" balloon from Brian's birthday 3 weeks ago.  I have NO idea how it got in our room---wasn't in our room before we drifted off into la-la-land.  

Any of you reading my blog lately know that I have been dealing with nosebleeds.....no middle of the night (well, middle of the night for me anyway) crisis is complete without a bloody nose!  Seriously.....when can I get some sleep people????? 

6 comments:

Missarrie said...

Oh sleep; what a great concept it is, that is if you are able to get some good quality "rem sleep". It will get better; give it until about the time Emily turns 25.

Seriously, we will be praying that you get the rest you need.

SingingShrink said...

Hopefully you can at least take some solace in the fact that at least some of your students who have been making you tired will be better off after meeting with you and may even remember you in the years to come. I saw my school counselor at the gas station a couple months ago and she remembered me? Her name was also Mrs. Johnson! With regard to the sleep factor, I think a Vicotin and a MaiTai should do the trick. ;)

Don said...

I'm sorry!!! Maybe mylar balloons should be banned from your bedroom from now on! :)

Hopefully as I write this you are sleeping deeply and peacefully!

Dad

Don said...

Make that banned from your house, period.

Kristi said...

Oh dang. Not cool. Haley said if you had given her that balloon when she asked you for it, it wouldn't have awakened you. :o) (Okay, she didn't say that...but I thought it was funny.)

Hope you get good sleep tonight....

K

Lyonslove said...

Sleep is the best thing! When we don't get it things aren't pretty. I hope back to school gets a little better. I go back on Tuesday. Summer is over.