Sunday, October 26, 2008

Happy Anniversary to us!

Last week---Brian told me that he forgot to make reservations at the restaurant I had suggested for our Anniversary.  He asked me if I would like to go to Palm Springs instead, I said, "No."  He replied, "Oh, well, it's already booked and you have next Friday off."  My sweet husband had already arranged with my boss for me to have the day off and asked my family to help take care of Emily over the weekend so that we could actually get away--the first getaway since Emily's birth.  Besides leaving her behind while going to work, this was the longest I have ever been away and it was hard, but we really did have a great time together.  

My mom and dad brought her home and we ended the day with another visit to yet another pumpkin patch.  On the way, Brian asked her to dance (one of her latest moves) and instead of totally dancing she started clapping.  We have never seen her clap so we took a video of it...Enjoy!  

Mom, Dad, Kristi, Curtis, Haley and Lexi----THANK YOU!!!!!



7 comments:

Lyn said...

What a sweet video!! We have already watched it several times. Leave it to Grandpa to notice that she is clapping in tempo. Pretty amazing! We enjoyed our weekend with Emily. Glad you had a such a good time.

Heidi said...

Happy Anniversary! 5 years... Awesome!

VikingMom said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! Can it be that long since Austin had his first dance ever with a girl? :) The video of Emily was absolutely adorable--her pigtails get me everytime. Cute, cute, cute!

Linda said...

Congrats on the anniversary! We're celebrating our 6th next weekend. It's crazy how quickly time flies! Anyway--the video was too cute. I love how happy she looks clapping away.

Don said...

About Emily's clapping--not only is it in tempo, but on the beat 95% of the time. Many adults I know can't do that! (At your house when she plays the little hand drum with the annoying song that plays--she's on the beat there too. Velly intelesting!

About the anniversary--check my blog. :)

Love you guys!

FRANSZTASTIC said...

First - Happy Anniversary!!!!
Second - Solid Video!!! Extremely Funny.

Third - Looks like we've got to go back to the store to exchange Emily's Minnie Mouse Birthday gift. Shhhh! Don't tell her! :) Much Love Mr. Mike

Missarrie said...

I just love watching this video!