Sunday, December 7, 2008

Bah Humbug???

I absolutely LOVE Christmas.  There's something so special about the holiday season.  Families spend more time together---friends seem to have more get togethers.  In general, people intentionally think of other people by making cookies/gifts, shopping for the perfect item that just screams the person's name, chipping in on a gift for a family in need etc...

Brian and I normally set up for Christmas the week of Thanksgiving, but with Emily having the flu and several other things that have come up....we just didn't get around to it.  We weren't home all day yesterday and that's probably when we should have set up......so.....I can't believe it....we are not setting up for Christmas this year.  I think we might do minor decorations and maybe even a strand of lights outside, but we just don't have the time to do the major decorating.  It feels very strange.  


7 comments:

The Marshall Fam said...

What!?! No Chirstmas tree for Emily to un-decorate or other decorations to try to keep out of her reach? You're crazy!

Heidi said...

Emily could come over and play for a couple hours and that could give you some time to decorate a w/o a little one. Would that help?

discomommy said...

Do something...it will help you feel better. And then you can get lots of cute Pics of Emily. Isn't this your first Christmas in your new house???

Holly and Cory said...

If you want we have a baby tree and decorations. I understand though, because of the cruise I don't think we're really decorating this year either.

Anonymous said...

Hey found your blog via to be continued, hope you do not mind me commenting...
Our daughter is 18 months now, and is just loving the Christmas buzz, she is obcessed with reindeer, and father Christmas !! our tree went up yesterday !
All the best Gareth,

Missarrie said...

I remember the year my mom passed away I did not decorate for Christmas. I too love decorating for Christmas (some might say I am obsessed). That year was a memorable year in spite of not decorating. A little holly here and a few light there; just don't loose the "Spirit" of Christmas. I think you have made a wise choice.

Tabatha said...

I totally understand! We are not doing a tree this year because of the cruise, and I was really bummed about it. But I put out all of our other decorations still...I just needed something. And then we helped Wendy and Noah decorate their tree, which was fun! Anyway, I feel ya! Do you think they'll have a tree and Christmas decorations on the cruise? That would be awesome!