Friday, March 6, 2009

I am not pregnant, but....

I have babies on the brain.  I don't know if it's because I have friends that are embarking on their parenting adventures for the 1st or 2nd time or if it's the time of year (I was SUPER sick two years ago at this time)....whatever the case may be I have a few thoughts.  

1.  Be careful what you name your children.  I would by lying if I said that I did not think what "EMILY" would sound like if she was at a distance from me and I was shouting her name.  Why that was a thought, I don't know why.  Tonight, we were at Disneyland and I realized I was thankful that we tried that out.....we were near a family that were yelling O-S#*% over and over....quite loudly....it was after the third time that I realized they were actually calling for Ocean.  

2.  There is a certain spot on the 5 freeway that makes me want to hurl every time we drive through it.  It smells like Chaste Tree Berry.  CTB was my evil friend when I was trying to get pregnant with Emily.  I had a consult with someone that said CTB worked best if you drank it instead of taking the pills.....NASTY, but it worked.  So, when we drive through that spot on the freeway it smells EXACTLY like it tasted....strange, but true. 

3.  We have our future little girl or little boy's name picked out.  I am a planner, what can I say?  

10 comments:

Brazenlilly said...

OK, that title and this post are such a tease! You'd better believe we'll all be reading into everything you say now! And any way we can talk you into sharing the baby names?!

Heidi said...

I'm with Jen - I would love to hear the names!

I do understand keeping them secret though. Sometimes people aren't shy about telling you that they don't like the name you've picked out (which always boggles my mind).

I love that you shouted Emily's name - you ARE a planner! Good for you!! :)

Anonymous said...

Babies on the brain,,,,,, that is not where they are supposed to Hun

Anonymous said...

Would you like suggestions??

FRANSZTASTIC said...

i am so excited about embarking on baby #2...but, i don't know HOW i forgot just how awful morning sickness is, but i did. i actually remember missing being preggers right after i had ella. now, i FULLY remember morning sickness as i hurl into the bathroom or kitchen sink with an almost 11 mo. little girl at my feet, trying to climb up on me, open the cupboards underneath me, etc. not that i've had too many second thoughts, but i am constantly praying that this ends. i am 13 weeks, so there is a light at the end of the tunnel. with ella i ended @ 16 wks. but even 3 more weeks of this, honestly sends me into slight depression. it WILL be worth it in the end, i know. but, if ready to embark again, know you'll have empathy coming from me if you should happen to be struck with morning sickness again. love, jess

Rachel said...

I totally want to do the guessing game with the name when the time comes...that's going to be a tradition! Do you remember how long it took me to get Emily...geez.

FRANSZTASTIC said...

OCEAN OCEAN OCEAN!!! That was hilarious!!! Too funny!!! - MR FRANSZ

Kristi said...

Okay...I hate to ruin the surprise...but if it's a girl, Jennifer will name the baby - Kristi. And if it's a boy, Kris. and his middle name will be Ti.

Get it... Kris Ti Johnson?

Anonymous said...

Just checking to see if there has been an update on the March 6, Blog

:o)

Dawn Coleman said...

#1 - hilarious! Yes, every parent needs to practice screaming their childs full name before they make it official! haha! :-)