Monday, April 13, 2009

Tough Day

I'm not going to lie people---I am having a TOUGH day and it is only 6:20 a.m.  I have had a glorious week off.  Emily and I were together so much this week.  Honestly, I haven't seen her this happy before.  It might just be a new stage we're entering....maybe it's just coincidence that she's in a better mood the same week I'm home, but I can't help but feel guilty that I am taking her back to daycare today.  I KNOW she is happy there too----she has so much fun with her friends and often cries when we pick her up because she doesn't want to leave, but I just feel so bad that I can't be with her.  I keep reminding myself of  the "pros"---that she is getting social experience that I can't give her at home, that I am fortunate to work in education where I get a lot of time off and that we give her "quality" time when we are with her, but right now, all I want to do is curl in a ball and cry.  

Debbie Downer is now done....

6 comments:

Lyn said...

I'm so glad you had a nice week off with Emily. I'll be praying for you today. I hope your day is better than you expect it to be!

Brazenlilly said...

Hang in there, Jen. 2 things I'm observing from afar. 1. Emily is happy, healthy, well-adjusted, well-loved. 2. The working thing is much, much harder on you than it is on her. You are a great mom! I'll be praying for you that the Lord lifts your heart today.

Sarah B. said...

I know this won't help but I wanted to tell you yesterday and didn't get a chance but you looked absolutely beautiful yesterday on stage. I don't know what it was but you seemed to be glowing. :)

Diane Davis said...

you have such a wonderful loving heart.

and, on another note, your new picture is amazing! it's great of everyone, but you really are glowing.

Rick said...

Great job Sat and Sun. Your baby knows you love her. I just went back today and felt exactly as you did, and I didn't have to say bye bye to a child. (Except of course my child bride). This is the hardest time of year for all of us, especially with the number of kids that have checked out emotionally for the rest of the year.

Heidi said...

I hope today was better...