Tuesday, June 16, 2009

This time of year

I typically love this time of year work wise....

The students are excited because summer is near.  We're excited because we know a break is near.  The students seem a bit more jovial, but this year hasn't been as fun as usual.  

Kids are getting in trouble left and right.  Suspensions are taking place with literally two days of school left.  I just don't get what they are thinking! 

Today, I found out that four of my kiddos are not going to walk at graduation.  Really not the most fun of conversations to have with families.  One of these students I "mentored" for the past year.  I'm really quite bummed he wasn't able to make it.  He was so unbelievably sad.  Blah. 

So, I guess I'll just have to drown my sorrows in some chips and salsa and some sort of mexican cuisine.  

7 comments:

Kristi said...

i won't lie. that's how we drowned our sorrows tonight as well. nothing makes me feel better than some avocados.

Lyn said...

I hope today is a happier day!

Missarrie said...

I am sorry to hear that your day was not jovial as in the past. I am sure you have touched their lives in ways you may never know. I hope you have a better day today; you deserve it.

Erin said...

Mmmmm....chips and salsa...

Rostamizadeh Family said...

I feel your pain...I had a student who didn't appreciate the autograph "books" that I made and decided to have everyone sign his arms, legs, and FACE! He was one of several that I wasn't happy to say goodbye to.

Heidi said...

I'm sorry to hear that it's been tough lately... I agree with your plan to drown your sorrows in chips and salsa - works every time!! Hang in there friend... things will get better.

Brazenlilly said...

I remember getting into education and getting the "idealist" knocked out of me after about 2 days of student teaching. Lots of these kids are not going to live up to your hopes for them. But it's the ones that DO--and because of your help!--that keep you going. You are doing a great job! Keep it up! High schoolers are your mission field.