Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My little singer

It has been SO much fun hearing Emily's sweet little voice in conversation.  I am blown away with what she understands in conversation.  She is such a little sponge and retains so many words it's truly fascinating.  She's recognizing letters (although she is most comfortable with the letter O and she finds it everywhere).  She's trying hard to count (her favorite number is 2). My personal new personal favorite is her SINGING voice!  We have been listening to the same CD's for so long now, but she's finally singing along with them!  Her two favorites right now are Old MacDonald and John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt.  JJJS cracks me up because not only does she try saying the words she also focuses on the whispering and shouting parts.  I LOVE IT!  

At night before I lay her down she requests that I sing her a song.  Lately her request has been "Jeeshus" which means Jesus Loves Me.  Oh man, it warms my heart.  

Okay, gotta go, she just said, "bath" and took off to the bathroom and turned the lights on---oh dear, now I hear all kinds of thuds.....

1 comment:

Don said...

Great post....and let's not forget her love for the piano! Before you know it she'll be singing and playing tunes at the 88! AND she'll be squeaky clean from a bath!