Wednesday, November 25, 2009

My baby

I realized today just how thankful I am for my sweet family.  Emily had a tough time going down for a nap today, so I was rocking her and it was like Kinley was trying to calm her down too.  I just felt all of these arm extensions along my belly and was overcome with emotion.  There I was as a mommy of two (sorta).  

Then I realized how little I have blogged about Kinley and since the purpose of this blog is for me to have a journal keepsake, I figured I should update a blog about my baby.  

I'm frequently asked, "how are you doing/feeling?"  I don't know if it's just the obvious question to ask since I am "huge" or if people really do want to know, so here ya go....Overall, I feel pretty good.  With Emily I worked out like a champ EVERY day unless I was too sick to, but I would either go to the gym or take a nature walk.  With Kinley, my exercise is taking care of Emily or parking far away to walk to the store.  ha-ha.  Since the last weekend of October I have been in pretty steady discomfort in my thighs and back.  I didn't have this with Emily at all.  I talked with my doctor and he said it is very common in your 2nd pregnancy for your body to prepare early for labor.  He also gave me the news that unfortunately it won't get better.  I'm supposed to not lift Emily as often (you tell that to a tantrum throwing 2 year old) and take it easy (how exactly do you do that working full-time, 7 months pregnant while taking care of a two year old?)  My neck and shoulders are really feeling the weight as well and can cause some pretty good tension...Thankfully, that's it---that's all I really have to complain about.  

I still love being pregnant even though I think I could win a waddling competition in the pregnancy olympics.  It's amazing to feel this sweet little girl inside kicking and stretching and rolling.  I daydream about what it will be like to see her and see who she looks like.  I wonder if she'll look just like Emily or if she'll surprise us all and be completely different.  Emily had lots of hair and it was dark, will Kinley?  Will my little girls have a bond from the beginning? etc... 

Emily has been giving hugs and kisses to Kinley before going to bed and it's just so sweet.  

Kinley, you are such a little miracle to us.  I can't wait to snuggle with you.  

4 comments:

Lyn said...

Just clicked on your blog before I went to bed tonight. It's so sweet to read your thoughts from Thanksgiving Eve 2009. I know you are uncomfortable, but you're hanging in like a champ, and your love for your sweet little girls is so beautiful. Kinley, we can't wait to meet you! And Miss Ems, I can't wait to get till the next time I get to see you. Me-Maw loves you!!!

Sarah B. said...

Isn't pregnancy amazing. Wonderful yet horrible all wrapped into one...lol. Ashley was at our last ultrasound and she kept asking "but what does the baby REALLY look like, what will it look like?"

Sarah B. said...

Isn't pregnancy amazing. Wonderful yet horrible all wrapped into one...lol. Ashley was at our last ultrasound and she kept asking "but what does the baby REALLY look like, what will it look like?"

Lyonslove said...

My only thoughts about Peyton while I was pregnant was, "How will Tanner feel about this new baby." I honestly never really thought about her until she came into this world and flipped my heart upside down. Now I can't even remember my life before I had two little rug-rats! God's blessings continue to grow and grow.