Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Two years...

A little over two years ago I remember seeing this quote:

"A baby fills a place in your heart you never knew was empty."

I cannot begin to put into words just how true that statement is for me.  As most of you know, I never really dreamed about having a family.  In fact, the thought of it made me cringe.  I didn't have the natural feeling of wanting to be a mom....it wasn't a desire for me.  Obviously, God changed my heart in a major way and I am so grateful that I was open to the change and that God saw me "fit" to be a mother. 

The past two years have been the most challenging and rewarding two years of my life.  I have experienced joy in ways I can't even put into words.  From watching her sleep, eating solid foods, crawling, standing up, walking, talking, singing, praying to experiencing life through her eyes (fireworks, aquariums, rides, bejeweled etc...) it's been amazing.  However, the discipline part is the challenging part.  The more she grows and matures, the more she becomes even more independent.  We're having to learn a lot about each other.  Sometimes we have great moments, sometimes we don't have such great moments, but it's a work in progress. 

My heart is so full of love for this little girl.  Emily...I love you so very much.

2 comments:

Lyn said...

It's so precious to see your love for Emily. She is such a sweetheart and brings us such joy. Happy birthday, Ems!

Stephanie said...

I totally know what you mean. it's amazing..the love that we have for this little life that has been given to us. I can tell that you are a great mom, and I'm sure emily is a sweetheart. Happy birthday to her, and so excited for you that you are having another one!