Saturday, February 20, 2010

Zoo time

Last year we had annual passes to Sea World and Disneyland and we realize that with a newborn we don't necessarily need to have passes to an amusement park since so much of it is spent with me away from the family nursing. (not to mention the hefty price tag that goes along with it.) However, we really enjoy taking Emily out to explore new things. Emily has only visited one mediocre zoo, so we decided it was time to take her to one that actually has animals like elephants, lions, monkeys etc...

Have I mentioned how much I love the Parla family? They are always willing to join us in our adventures. It is so much fun for all of us because Emily and Oliver play so well together. Joe and Brian are such great friends and Alisha and I get to bond over motherhood and all the things that go along with it. Thankfully our three week olds were on the same nursing schedule so we just sat at a picnic table and fed the kiddos while Joe and Brian took the older kids to the playground.

We used the video camera more on this trip than the regular digital camera so believe it or not, these are the only photos I got---NONE of them include an animal! We were all amazed at how close we were to a lion. I mean, seriously close. Emily enjoyed it since she just recently watched Madagascar...




3 comments:

Rostamizadeh Family said...

I hope we get to go when I come down there!

Lyn said...

Looks like Emily and Oliver were having fun. I love the pictures, and especially the one with you and Emily. So sweet.

The Marshall Fam said...

So fun! I admire your energy--going to the zoo so soon after having a baby!