Thursday, March 4, 2010

One Month

My little girl is already five weeks old. I feel like she's been here a lot longer than that....probably because I am getting such little sleep. We're up a lot so it gives us more time to enjoy the 24 hours in a day--haha. There isn't too much to report since she pretty much just eats, stares, sleeps, cries, grunts and poops.

At her one month appointment she weighed 9 pounds 2 oz. She gained 50% of her birth weight. I was really glad to hear that since it's all momma's milk! Her length and head circumference have gained proportional to her weight so it was a good report. She has an umbilical hernia. We hope to see that clear before her first birthday, but we don't know for sure if it will happen that "quickly."

Emily is really handling this all in stride. She seems to be disappointed when I say, "not right now" if she wants to do something while I am nursing Kinley. That makes me sad too. She's a great big sister and loves to kiss her on her forehead. She seems to constantly be doing some sort of roll call because she asks where Kinley is even if she's sitting right next to her. It's funny.

I love my girls...

2 comments:

World of Wright said...

too sweet...time DOES fly!

Lyn said...

I love your girls, too!!