Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Hopeful

God is faithful. I know this.

On Saturday my family decided to head to church in Huntington Beach so we could be "lazy" on Sunday if we wanted to be. Emily went to "sunday school" while Brian, Kinley and I sat in church with my mom/dad/sister. You have to understand that growing up in my family meant many hours spent at the church. In fact when my dad first started working at FCCHB Kristi and I would take sleeping bags to take naps at the church in his office....that's how long our day would be there. I can count on one maybe two hands how many times my nuclear family have sat in church together. It was special for me.

Two of the songs we sang that night in worship were two of the songs I kept singing to myself when I thought I wasn't pregnant. I prayed a lot for this little being that didn't yet exist....per a false negative pregnancy test. When I found out I was pregnant a couple days later these songs were sung out of praise. Anyway, I of course teared up a lot.

I love my little family. I want more than anything to stay home with my girls. I'm DESPERATE to find work from home or even part-time work outside the home. I'm grateful for my job in the midst of the recession, so I'm trying to be content, but I am also praying for an opportunity to be here for my kids....

God is faithful. I know this.

1 comment:

Tabatha said...

I will be praying about that for you!! God is good and His timing is perfect, so one day it will work out when it is supposed to! Love you!