Monday, August 30, 2010

Kinley 7 Months


Not to be outdone....Emily needed her picture taken too....

Hard to believe my baby girl is already seven months old! She's been working on a crawl for a couple weeks now. She gets on all fours and rocks back and forth. She has crawled a couple of "knee steps" for a few days so I know we are super close to crawling. She rolls to anything and everything. She loves to explore. I'm assuming that I will lose 15 pounds. ha! She's all smiles and giggles though, she loves everything!

She has two bottom teeth and she's currently working on her upper teeth---which I think means that there is a long night ahead of us. I wish I could say that she is sleeping perfectly through the night, but that is not even close to the truth. She is up 2-3 times a night and every once in a while every two hours. Brian usually tries to rock her back to sleep, but she wants me and won't stop crying until she has me. Ugh. I joke because I prayed that Kinley would be a little more snuggly than Emily, but I forgot to pray that she would sleep! I keep telling myself that this is only for a matter of time.

Tonight was my night to rock her to sleep. I had some lullabies playing and I found myself choked up as I listened to the tune:
Goodnight, my angel
Now it's time to dream
And dream how wonderful your life will be
Someday your child may cry
And if you sing this lullaby
Then in your heart
There will always be a part of me

5 comments:

Brazenlilly said...

Such a cutie! She's a perfect mix of you and Brian--with a little bit of Emily thrown in!

The Marshall Fam said...

Have I mentioned that I love your little family? And I know I say it every time, but I sure wish we lived closer to each other!

Lyn said...

I love the pictures - the girls are soooooo cute! And your thoughts were so sweet. I love your family, too!!

Kristi said...

um hello. that lullaby is too sweet. so are the girls. love the hat too! happy 7 month bday kinley! :)

Erin said...

I had never heard that song until this weekend. The Celtic Woman group performed it, and I was in tears. I hear you girl...and your girls are perfect. Enjoy many more moments in your rocking chair.