Sunday, February 10, 2008

My little girl is three months today...

Since Emily was born, I have spent every Friday night reminiscing about the anticipation of meeting Emily for the first time. (My water broke on a Friday night and she was born early Saturday morning.) It was a very fast moving 12 hours and then she breathed her first breath, cried her first cry, and I felt the most overwhelming kind of love. I just remember watching my husband (the new daddy), my sister, my mom and my dad (aka the paparazzi) surround her and love on her. Their faces were beaming from ear to ear, this little baby brought out so much joy, so much love. I of course couldn't wait to hold her--3 months later, the best part of my day is holding my little girl. 
Brian's dad and stepmom were in town for the second week of Emily's life and they are returning this week. I was holding her tonight and said to Brian, "Your family isn't going to know what to do--she is such a different baby." Some things have stayed the same--she doesn't sleep through the night, she loves to be swaddled when she does sleep, she still has hair and she LOVES her aquarium bouncer. Things that haven't stayed the same (in other words, newer things)--she smiles a lot, rolls over from her stomach to her back, coos often, likes to do sit ups (no we aren't making her work out, she likes to hold on to our hands and sit up from laying on her back) and she likes to sit in general (not by herself just yet). She absolutely loves either sucking on her hands or a pacifier. She also enjoys the exer-saucer and was in it at Grandma and Grandpa's house today. 


Emily rolling over...





Oh yeah, and she is auditioning for a coke commercial...


Emily also had her first bout with the flu a couple of weeks ago. Mommy and daddy did NOT enjoy that! It was so scary. We were in the emergency room for 4 hours while they watched her for signs of dehydration. Luckily, she was sent home after they ruled out a bladder infection and received an anti-nausea medicine and some pedialyte. Mommy got the flu the following day, daddy got it the next and Grandma got it after taking a day off of work to help us! We were a mess! We'll be heading back to the doctor on Thursday for a 3 month check up. They were concerned for a 1/2 lb. weight loss that could be summed up by a scale difference, but that is why I have to go back with her. Hopefully she gained the weight and then some. (The only time in life that you pray for weight gain!)

7 comments:

HB Grandma said...

Yeah--Another Coke lover in the family! I'm so proud!

Rachel said...

I can't believe little Emily is already 3 months old...it's crazy how much she looks like you too!

So I'm heading up to Portland this weekend but maybe we could get together the following weekend?

Heidi said...

She's gorgeous - you make a beautiful, beautiful family. Motherhood suits you Jen - I'm so happy for all of you!

Kristi said...

SO CUTE!!!! Where is time going. I need some EMily time! (Once we're no longer quarantined!) Hey at her checkup - be sure to ask about that rotavirus vaccine. That sure would have been nice to know about! :o)

Linda said...

Jennifer--I love the blog! Your baby is just adorable. I can't wait till my little girl gets here!

Alicia said...

And a super cute three month old she is!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THE VIDEO ADDITION! It makes me feel like I've gotten to meet her!

COME to Oregon soon and bring her for a visit!