Saturday, February 9, 2008

New and Improved

Okay, so truth be told, I didn't update my other blog as often as I wanted to because of the way we had it set up---i.e. I always wanted a picture to go along with a story, because it would have looked funny with a big blank block, but I often wanted to share something but didn't have a picture to go along with it! So, I have decided to join the blogger community and get a different blog!  This way I can keep out-of-state family updated with the most up to date Emily details--as well as other things that flood my mind.  So, my goal is to have more blogs for all of the fam and friends to see!  We plan to keep the other website for more "album" like pictures so feel free to keep both up and running!  


So, with all of that said, I would like to jump to the "flood my mind" portion of the blog and tell you what I can't seem to get out of my mind.  My nieces have been sick this week---SO sick.  Both of them have been admitted to CHOC hospital on separate days.  Lexi, the youngest was admitted on Thursday and Haley was admitted on Friday.  My sister's blog shares all of the details if you would like to read about it---but if you don't have the time, please pray that their family will get through this exhausting time!  Lexi is home, but Haley is still at CHOC.  They are both getting better, but this is a very tiring time!  I know that they would appreciate your prayers.  

6 comments:

Lyn said...

It's my honor to be the first to comment on your new blog. I look forward to reading all your future blogs. I love you and your precious family. --Mom

Lyn said...

Oops - I forgot my "identity" was mamlyn. I'll have to come up with a new byline!

Kristi said...

oh...thanks for the kind words, thoughts, and prayers...and i love the new blog.

Don said...

Nice blog, Jennifer! I'm glad you came over to Blogspot... I've not used any other version, of course, but this has been a breeze to navigate.

The only thing I don't like is that you can't underline any text...minor issue.

I'm glad you like my blog so much you listed it twice! HaHa!

Dad

Anonymous said...

Wow,,,, nice job. It is so nice of you to keep this up for those of us who are a million miles away. Thank YOU. It looks like Emily is changing a lot. Sally and I cannot wait to see her next week. Oh,,, you and Brian too. LOL.. - - - Jerry

Mimee said...

It is so wonderful to see these pictures of Emily; my how she has grown! I enjoy all that you share with us THANK YOU . . . what a beautiful thing for Emily to have for many years to come. Alyse and I are ANXIOUSLY preparing to come down and meet Emily, and spend time with you and Brian.

It is so sad to hear that Emily had the flu;I remember so vividly the time that we had to take Brian to the hospital and leave him there for two days; it was horrible. I am glad to hear that she (you and Brian) are feeling better. I have been blessed not to have gotten it yet; most of our staff has.

Our prayers for your neices to gain strength and healing from their bout with the flu. May God's loving arms surround your sister, brother-in-law, and nieces to comfort and care for them during this time.

I will be anticipating an update soon; again many thanks for the continual updates.....Mimee (a nickname Alyse gave me sometime ago)