Wednesday, July 30, 2008

My favorite part of the day

I have had the INCREDIBLE blessing of staying home with Emily for the past month.  We have had a blast.  I feel like she is a totally different baby than when I first went on break.  She is completely crawling (bruises on her knees for proof---darn tile), pulling up on just about everything possible...She is full of personality.  

There have been days that she has been SO fun....laughing and smiling at everything and then there have been the days that she is NOT so much fun.  She is a momma's girl right now---so on certain days she would cry if I put her down for any reason---momma had to spend a lot of time praying on those days!   

Anyway, hands down, my favorite part of the day is Emily's last feeding of the day.  She is so relaxed and ready for bed.  We'll sit on the rocker in her room with the lights off.  After she is finished eating, she snuggles up on my chest and starts to fall asleep.  Sometimes she'll just sit there scratching my arm.  It does not matter how our day was, we'll always have our little evening cuddle.  Tonight, it brought tears to my eyes (not a big surprise since I have to go back to work, I am a bit emotional), but it was just so sweet.  I just thought I would share my favorite part of the day....what's yours?  

7 comments:

Kristi said...

favorite haley moment...right after she wakes up and she covers me in hugs and kisses and says "i love you mommy" over and over again.

favorite lexi moment...tie between snuggling in the morning and "hold dyou mommy"

Anonymous said...

My favorite moments with Abby are when I get to dance with her before nap and bedtime...that's good stuff. Thanks for sharing your moment!

Don said...

What a sweet post, Jen....

I know tomorrow's gonna be tough, but hang in there. It will turn out to be a good thing, I know. You'll appreciate your time with Emily all the more.

LOVE YOU,
Dad

Brazenlilly said...

As much as I love my kids, my favorite part of the day right now is when I get hit my head to the pillow around 11:30 pm. I'll be thinking about you, Jen, as you go back to work. But remember... you'll still have that favorite part of the day to savor. She'll still be Momma's girl!

Sarah B. said...

I have special "kisses" with both the kids...Ashley calls ours "our magic kiss" and it is pretty cute because we do it every night before bed. But my favorite (sshh, don't tell him I said this) is when Ethan remembers that we have a kiss. Being that he is 8 he is happy with a kiss on the cheek but every once in awhile he will say "Do you remember our special kiss....?" I love it....eskimo kisses and all.

johnsonandjohnson said...

Erin!!!! SO good to see a comment from you! It has been SOOOOO Long!

Kristi, I would love to see Haley giving you all those kisses, that's sweet---Jen--I know what you mean about the sleep! Good for you! Sarah---how sweet your moments are too!

Thanks for sharing!

Lyonslove said...

All of it, when Tan wakes up in a good mood and wants to play. When we play chase, playing at the beach, when Kipp comes home and gives me a break, bath time, bed time when he still just wants to play and run! When he goes to bed and Kipp and I get a little alone time!

So one day back to work... How many to go?