Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Daddy's little girl

Okay, so I could care less about "noise" in the house.  I don't need the radio on, I don't need the tv on.  I am fine with just good ol' conversation and hanging out.  Brian loves "noise."  Before Emily came along it took all of 30 seconds for him to turn the tv on when he got home from work.  You can imagine the struggle he had when I asked that we not watch tv when Emily was born.  I didn't mean never....just not when she was awake hanging out with us.  

When I drop her off at daycare, I know that she watches sesame street.  It's always on and I figure if that is all she is watching, then fine...what can I do?  She's sick and the rules are certainly getting bent.  The tv has been her companion.  She doesn't want to sleep and I can't handle the continual crying, so the tv has kept her attention.  She doesn't just sit and watch, she'll start playing with her books and toys and things.  

Yesterday, Brian sat down on the couch and Emily reached for the remote---this isn't uncommon, she often plays with the remote, BUT she started throwing down some 'tude.  I asked Brian what was wrong and he said she wants the tv on.  I said, "oh, you gotta show me this, I want to know if that is why she is throwing this tantrum."  Yep, let's just say she is daddy's little girl.

1 comment:

FRANSZTASTIC said...

too funny! oh well, a little t.v., maybe not 29 hrs. a week which totals to 13 uninterrupted years of life like the average american (random starbucks cup knowledge), isn't going to hurt her. ella loves wheel of fortune with daddy!