Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Life is precious. Life is fragile. Life should not be taken for granted.

I've started this blog post more times than I can count. I feel like I have so many thoughts...too many thoughts to even make anything sound anywhere near coherent.

Life is precious. Life is fragile. Life should not be taken for granted.

I have two healthy, sweet, crazy, crying, beautiful, tantrum throwing girls. I've felt many emotions in the past three months. I've experienced exhaustion, joy, frustration, worry, fear, peace, love--unconditional love in ways I didn't know I could feel.

Life is precious. Life is fragile. Life should not be taken for granted.

April 18, 2010 a sweet little boy entered this world. His entrance, about three months early, came with compromising health. He was born to a family that loved him and an extended "family" that began praying for him, petitioning for his life from the moment he took his first breath. On April 27, 2010 (the same day my daughter turned three months) he took his last breath. This sweet little life brought at least 1,000 people in unity. I'm devastated by the loss of his life. I feel a bit guilty every time I get to hold my daughter. I'm grateful that I have the opportunity to soothe her cries. (The same cries that last week I thought were going to send me over the edge.)

During the time I spent praying for him, I came across "Healing is in your Hands" and I have to say these words of promise are exactly what I needed to hear.

No mountain, no valley, no gain or loss we know could keep us from Your love

No sickness, no secret, no chain is strong enough to keep us from Your love


How high, how wide No matter where I am, healing is in Your hands

How deep, How strong, And now by Your grace I stand, healing is in Your hands


Our present, our future, our past is in Your hands We're covered by Your blood

We're covered by Your blood

In all things, we know that we are more than conquerors you keep us by your love

In all things, we know that we are more than conquerors you keep us by your love

sAlthough God didn’t answer our prayers in the ways we hoped, I’m confident his life, although way too short, made an impact. His untimely death helped me realize the fragility of life. I don't want to take it for granted. I want to hold my girls. I want to kiss my husband. I want to feel the wind in my face. I want to share love, joy and tears with my friends and family.

Life is precious. Life is fragile. Life should not be taken for granted.

Hug the ones you love.

3 comments:

Missarrie said...

I am so sorry to hear about baby Noah. I will continue to keep his family in my prayers. Your post is beautiful; give the girls each a big hug from me please.

my.party.of.five said...

this is beautiful and my heart hurts for Noah's family. As mommas, we get sucked into the stress and monotnus of whinning, crying and everything else kids bring BUT we always need a reminder that we all take it for granted and really need to focus on what is important..."life is precious. life is fragile. and. life should not be taken for granted." thank you for your post and reminding me of this. I will keep baby noah's family and friends in my prayers.~elishia

Desti Ayu Ningtias said...

i agree with u'r statement

LIFE IS PRECIOUS, LIFE IS FRAGILE, LIFE SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN FOR GRANTED.....