Friday, April 16, 2010

Tantrum City

We have moved to Tantrum City. I will accept any housewarming gifts.

I am so tired. Kinley is not an easy baby (in my opinion). She grunts a lot, cries a lot and doesn't sleep enough (especially at night) so when tantrums from Emily come from nowhere it exhausts me.

Yesterday we went to the park with my family and friends and we had a great time. When we headed back to the car, Emily was walking with me just fine and then all of a sudden stops in her tracks and screams at the top of her lungs. I had Kinley wrapped around me so I can't carry Emily so my sister volunteers. She screamed all the way to the car. She screamed the entire time I was putting her in the car and half way home. It's in those moments that I feel like I don't know what I could have done to make any of it better. She doesn't use her words she just screams.

We have moved to Tantrum City.

Right now we are on time-out number three in 20 minutes. I am being tested to the nth degree and I am not a fan. This whole having a newborn and two year old is tough...


3 comments:

Lyn said...

But in a few years they will be best friends, and it will be worth it all!!

Kristi said...

This just in: You are a great mom. But kids are HARD. You will get through this. You will. You will. You will. Until then, it's okay to lock yourself in the closet every once in a while and breathe. :)

Erin said...

Oh girl, I live in the same zipcode somedays. Goes in spurts. But when she was Emily's age (a few months back), I could have been the mayor of Tantrum City.