Friday, March 14, 2008

4 month check up

Brian and I took Emily in for her 4 month check up.  All is well.  She weighs 12 lbs. 13 oz (although she ate right before her visit, so she might actually be a little less) and she is 25 1/2 inches long.  She took the shots like a champ today---although her mommy was a little on the queasy side.  It just is not any fun to watch that happen!  We have swaddled our little girl since the day she was born and we were told today that it might be time to start letting go of the swaddle.  WHAT???  Is she really growing up?  

I guess we need to let go of the swaddle because she is forfeiting her naps during daycare this week---not good for poor Linda.  It breaks my heart to know that my kid is the one disrupting everyone's naps!  Oh, what to do!  I don't know how to make her sleep.  Linda thinks maybe she needs more food, but I don't think I can get anymore out!  She isn't upset when she gets up---she just wants to hang out.  Our doctor thinks she may have already learned the art of manipulation---GREAT! ! Brian and I are in for some fun!  He also thinks that it is all related to the teething process, we'll see.  Still no teeth!  

Speaking of forfeiting naps.  She just got 30 minutes in---decided she wanted to be awake, so I should go and make funny faces at her to make her smile. 

No comments: