Friday, March 7, 2008

Grandma and Grandpa Johnson


Grandma and Grandpa Johnson came into town to see Emily in mid-February.  For those of you who don't know, Brian's family lives in Oregon (except for Holly who lives in Fullerton).  I used to get sad for Brian because I knew how hard it was for him to leave his family when he was moving to California before we got married.  Now, I get sad for Brian because we have Emily here and they don't get as much contact with her.  I guess it isn't all sadness, I feel bad too because it is probably 90% my "fault" that we live in California.  I could ramble on and on about this, so to save you from all of that---I just wanted to share that we did get to see them and they had such a good time getting to know Emily.  Emily can sometimes be a little "rude" around "new" people.  She is demonstrating that in the picture with Grandma Johnson!  However, by the end of their 4-day stay---she was loving them--especially since they were the ones with the bottles!  They offered to watch her 2 days while they were visiting and that was nice not to have to spend the money at daycare---not to mention the invaluable time they got to spend with Emily.  

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Oh my gosh...her little face in that second picture is so adorable!!