Tuesday, February 3, 2009

sigh of relief

The past 24 hours have been extremely nerve-wracking for me.  Budget cuts came and went at Brian's company.  we are fortunate enough to say that we were not affected by this wave of cuts.  As Brian says---it is a very dark day for his company because they have NEVER had to do cuts.  It took them three months to prepare for this day and sadly 150 families in Orange County are affected tonight.  I am certainly feeling a sigh of relief, but I am so sad for these families.  Thank you to those of you that I called or texted in a panic requesting prayer.  If I didn't contact you, it wasn't personal.....I just couldn't think straight!

5 comments:

Jen said...

Yeah I know what you mean. It's just scary times right now. It seems like everyone is having cuts. I'm glad things are okay and you are having a sigh of relief tonight.

Tabatha said...

WHEW! I am glad that everything is okay and you do not have to deal with that!! God is faithful!

Heidi said...

I know the panic....

We've had to let go of roughly 25% of our staff since last September.

These are difficult times...

I'm very happy to hear that things went well for you guys.

Dawn Coleman said...

I am breathing a sigh of relief to hear the good news!

FRANSZTASTIC said...

i was totally praying for you, brian & emily...i'm glad to hear that your family is okay.