Sunday, February 22, 2009

Uh-Oh (not just Emily's favorite "word")

We had a different kind of experience at Disneyland yesterday.  Emily is quite the explorer nowadays.  She doesn't enjoy sitting in her stroller much anymore.  She just wants to walk and touch and examine EVERYTHING.  She doesn't understand why when we are in line for a ride we do so much standing.  We were next in line for Pirates of the Caribbean, Emily reached up for the wood rail and missed it.  She fell. Screaming was involved.  I held her and tried to comfort her.  It's so dark in there, I couldn't really tell what had happened.  We sat in the boat, I looked down at her face and there it was.  Blood.  She was bleeding.  Her first official bloody owie (however you spell that).  We took the boat ride because it appeared the bleeding had stopped.  I cleaned her up after the ride.  I noticed that her lip was swelling pretty bad.  I looked throughout her diaper bag and couldn't find the tylenol I thought I had.  I had the idea of going to first aid to see if we can buy some. 

We get to first aid and they tell us that they didn't have tylenol for her age, but that we could buy it in the marketplace.  They asked me why I needed it and I told them my little story.  They rushed to get some ice for her and she smiled but didn't want them to touch her with it.  (they also told me tylenol wouldn't have done diddly squat.) They were a little "worried" about how swollen it was too so they asked us if she would take a popsicle....not ever giving her a popsicle before I wasn't sure how she would do, but the pictures below will give you a look at how it all went down.... 


Outside of first aid...she finally started holding the ice, too bad she was icing her cheek and not her lip.  This picture doesn't do it justice, but she was holding it all by herself.  


The first popsicle experience (please notice the nurse-minnie sticker the nurses in first aid gave her.)






5 comments:

Rostamizadeh Family said...

How can she manage to be so freakin' adorable even when she's hurt?

Lyn said...

Our little sweetie. . .These pictures are so cute. Glad she's doing better today!

Jen said...

My favorite pic is the one of her holding the ice and smiling. she is precious. It's good to know that if I get hurt at Disneyland that they will take good care of me. I would get a sticker and popsicle too right?? :) Glad she's okay!

I have a pass too. We should meet up at dland sometime!

Anonymous said...

I kind of do think that a little Tylenol makes everything better!

Tabatha said...

She is so cute. It definitely looks like she enjoys popsicles =)