Saturday, February 28, 2009

Zoo time!!!

I woke up with the crazy idea of going to the zoo today.  I guess it wasn't that crazy of an idea, lots of people have been talking about zoos around me, so I guess it has been in my head.  Anyway, my mom and my crazy nieces joined in the fun.  Haley and Lexi love little "Em Ems" as they call her.  I can't even begin to tell you how many times, "Haley, please don't pick her up" comes out of my mouth.  She just wants to love on her ALL of the time.  Besides giving me a heart attack, it is really quite sweet.  

Arriving at the zoo---exhibit A of Haley trying to pick Emily up.  Even though we came from completely opposite directions, we arrived at the same time.  My mom and the girls were so surprised to look up and see us parked right next to them.  
We ate our lunch right next to the park.  Haley and Lexi couldn't wait to get on the playground, so they ate pretty quickly to head over there....Emily was a bit slower, but once she was on the playground....Haley was super excited to play with her.  She couldn't resist going down the slide with her and I couldn't resist getting a picture!
If you read my blog very regularly, you know that Emily is quite the explorer....well, today, she didn't know what she wanted.  Brian would hold her, she would cry.  We let her walk, she would cry.  We put her in her stroller with snacks galore, she would cry.  I would hold her, she would cry.  Grandma held her---AHHHH, NO CRYING!  My poor mom carried her all over the park.  I tried to relieve her, but she quickly stuck her arms out to be held by ga-ma-ma.  
Here piggy, piggy!
Haley and Lexi fed the animals in the farm.  We tried to get Emily to feed them, but she was too scared.  She got pretty close, so it won't be too far off. 

Haley, Lexi and I walked through a maze to find the Jaguar.  No Jaguar, but we made it through.  This picture was taken inside the maze. I can't help but see a lot of what my sister and I looked liked as kids in this picture.  

5 comments:

Lyn said...

What a fun day! I love your pictures and loved reading your post. I'm so glad you had you had the zoo idea this morning. Good times!

Kristi said...

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE THESE PICTURES!!!

I'm so glad you had a fun day.

P.S. I still check your blog and Stephanies... I just need to update my blog with them.

:o) love u.

Jen said...

How fun!! I love going to the zoo and I don't even have kids:) What zoo did you go to? Looks like it was a fun day.

Heidi said...

The pics are awesome - looks like a fun day!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful time. I can't help but notice the kids aren't wearing sweaters (sob). And, isn't toddlerhood fabulous. Oh, the drama sometimes. Thanks for posting, and when you guys come up to visit Seattle, we'll take you to a zoo like no other (but, you will need parkas and a REALLY good pair of walking shoes :-)