Monday, July 13, 2009

Drenched rat

Had a nice day with our friends Sarah, Tanner and Peyton. We started out the morning heading to a kid's gym for the kiddos to play. Emily had a love/hate relationship with it. She really enjoyed some of the activities, but didn't understand the required structure when the parents had to bring kids to the center of the room for an activity. So, when I pulled her away from her activities she didn't adjust quickly.

Sarah wanted to take Tanner to the little water fountain area. I assured her that Emily wasn't interested. I didn't pack a swim diaper/swimsuit/sunscreen/towel etc...So, guess who decided she was VERY interested? Sheesh! Learned my lesson. Thankfully, Sarah had sunscreen and a towel for Emily.

The first picture shows her lack of interest in the water at first. She stood and watched the kids for a good ten minutes before showing any interest. Once she saw Tanner sitting near the wall fountain....it was all over.

There's a video below the three pictures. (I'm sure only family is interested, but it's pretty cute.....this is HUGE for the Johnson family)




3 comments:

Lyn said...

So cute! Love you, little Ems!

The Marshall Fam said...

How fun! I made myself an honorary member of your family because I watched the video and loved it. :)

Erin said...

Just want you to know that I've been reading, but not commenting. I LOVE seeing how Emily is growing. She is absolutely precious. Thank you for your commitment to posting, and to her, and for being a fab mommy. Thank you also for your encouragement to me over the last few weeks. Your words have been precious.