Thursday, July 2, 2009

Communicating...

I gotta tell you having this time off of work is AMAZING for me and my little girl.  We are having a G-R-E-A-T time and I can't even begin to tell you all that we have talked about.  It's fascinating to hear different words become even more clear than before and hear new words for the first time.  Her sentence structure is really coming together too.  

Brian's favorite is "where'd it go?" with her hands up in the air while asking the question.  "it" can be substituted for a person too, so if daddy was in the room and then leaves..."where'd daddy go?"

My favorite this week was a teeny conversation we were having which went like this....
E: HI!!!
J: Hi Emily!
E: Helllllllloooooooo MOMMY! 

My dad came over this morning and I got to witness such a sweet time of visiting.  Emily LOVES her grandpa right now.  I don't know what got her so giddy, but all of a sudden she is all about grandpa.  They were playing with picture cards.  You ask her to find a picture and when she finds it she puts it in your lap.  All of a sudden I hear, "grampa" she starts taking the pictures out of his lap so that she can sit in it.  She's really learning the art of communication and I LOVE IT!  (I know the repetition might drive me nuts later, but right now....it's amazing)

3 comments:

Brazenlilly said...

It really is awesome when they start talking WITH you! Can't wait for more "Em-isms." :) And can never get enough grandpa stories!

Heidi said...

I love it when they start actually conversing w/ you... Enjoy your time off Jen - I hope you love every minute of it!!

Dawn Coleman said...

We should hang out for some playdates while you are off! Either you can come crash our pool or we can come to your waterpark??! Actually, our church has lagoon day on wednesdays at the woodbridge pool - it is very fun, has a sandy beach and is shallow. Let me know if you want to join us! Enjoy your time off!