Wednesday, July 22, 2009

More Potty Talk

Sunday night, Holly and Cory watched the kiddo while Brian and I got away for a couple of hours. Thankfully, she had read my previous potty talk entry because Emily asked to go potty while she was here....twice. One time was at the park, but they got to the potty too late. The second time she was taking a bath and asked to go potty. Holly took her out of the bath and onto the potty and she went "pee-pee!" I couldn't believe it. I was so bummed I wasn't here for it, but so excited for her. I freaked her out a bit when I celebrated her when I got home. We went into the bathroom to see what she did and I was so excited that she kinda hid in the corner. I explained to her why I was so excited etc... and she seemed to turn around (literally and figuratively).

The next day, I went to Disneyland with my sister. We went to see a show and before it began I snuck away to use the restroom. Emily didn't see me leave but apparently this conversation happened while I was away.

E: "where'd mommy go?"
K: "She went to the potty"
E: put hands together and started clapping, "YAY!!!"

She definitely gets the excitement factor that we have for her! haha! We're being really casual about it. Sometimes she really wants to go and sometimes she doesn't and I just feel like for a 20 month old....that's okay.

No comments: