Thursday, July 16, 2009

HUGE Milestone

So, this is probably just for me to look back at since I use the blog partially as a journal, BUT she POOPED IN THE POTTY, kind of.

Emily and I have been talking a lot about the potty. A couple of times today, she wanted to sit on the potty. (We've had a potty in her bathroom for a couple of months now. She sits on it sometimes fully clothed, other times naked.) So, today, we were talking about the potty and she went into her bathroom. I asked her if she wanted to sit on it. She said "no" while shaking her head "yes." Pulled her pants down and took the diaper off. This afternoon she wanted to go again, so she started pulling her pants down. Nothing either time. Not a drip. Not a smudge.

We went to the fair tonight and had a great time. We came home and I saw her pushing. While she was pushing I asked her if she wanted to go to the potty. She completely stopped pushing. I asked Brian to come assist her in getting to the potty. As soon as she sat down, plop. So, that's why it is a "kind of." She probably did most of the work in the diaper, BUT she understood by our praise how cool it was. She was looking in the potty so proud of herself. Quite a cool moment for this mommy!


5 comments:

Sarah B. said...

That's huge...a very big milestone for a little girl. I would have been totally excited too...yeah for Emily!

Lyn said...

Yeah for Ems!! We're so proud of you!

Joy said...

eeeewwww!
look what parenthood has done to you... you are blogging about poop!

i suppose i'll be blogging the same thing in about a year!

yay emily!

Kristi said...

AWEEEESSSSOOMMMMEEEEE!!! Remember when I told you Emily would be potty trained before Lexi. Man, she almost made it! :o)

Erin said...

Can't even believe you are talking about potty training. I'm putting it off, but Josh is convinced HE can make it happen before her birthday...in 3 weeks. :-)