Friday, July 10, 2009

Vacation in pictures...

Emily hasn't really spent much time in a pool. Besides last week, the last time she was in a pool was LAST JULY!!! (not that we haven't tried, she screams in fear.) We were so excited that she walked right into this pool.  The ring was her friend, but only if it was to her side, NOT on her. 
Poor girl...these shoes worked great, UNTIL we noticed she had some serious blisters happening, so they only lasted the first couple days. 
LOVE this picture....Emily and Grandpa
We went to a Teppan restaurant and I asked for some tofu, this is the bowl they gave us and she pretty much ate the entire contents of the bowl!
Haley helped Emily get acquainted with chopsticks for the first time too...

Pretty girl...
Lexi styled Emily's hair....isn't it lovely?
Sweet cousins
On the way home we decided to stop for lunch.  Brian and I got a frosty at Wendy's....guess who wanted to "try" (her newest word....she says "try" every time she sees us eating.  Sometimes it works in our favor, sometimes it doesn't.  She LOVED the frosty.  

I didn't get ONE single picture of Emily and me or Emily and Kristi/Curtis all week.  I got one picture of my mom and Emily but it's of their backside!  Oh dear.  I really didn't think about having my camera with me during all occasions.  I'm really bummed about that now.  Anyway, we had a great week! 


5 comments:

Lyn said...

And I love the pictures! Glad you had a good trip. We enjoyed our weekend with you.

Anne B. said...

Looks like you had fun! I remember going with your family and staying in the villa. It was the year of the earthquake and playing trivial pursuit out on the patio. (I remember because that was when I learned that they used Max Factor makeup on I love Lucy). Important I know.

Heidi said...

So cute - glad you had fun!!

Emily said...

Emily is such a doll!

Unknown said...

She is growing up so fast! I still wish you guys were coming with us to Oregon, I miss the whole family being together. I am glad you guys had so much fun.