Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The cure...

Emily still doesn't love eating since the flu.  I feel like we are going back to teaching her how to eat solid foods again.  All of the foods she loved pre-flu---she hates post flu.  Seriously, I was out with my sis/nieces and my mom today and she would not eat her lunch.  I got all teary eyed because I do not know what I can do to help her feel better etc...

So, tonight, we made homemade pumpkin pancakes for dinner, yes dinner!  We haven't had them before, but she LOVED them.   I hope she likes them tomorrow because that's what she is having for breakfast!  

8 comments:

Heidi said...

the next time I get the flu, I'm moving in with you so that I can get some pumpkin pancakey goodness.

I've never even HEARD of pumpkin pancakes but they sound heavenly!

I'm so happy to hear that she's eating.... She'll be back to her old self in no time.

johnsonandjohnson said...

someone mentioned that IHOP has pumpkin pancakes and instead of going there to spend my money, I looked up the recipe online. If you like pumpkin and you like pancakes, you will LOVE pumpkin pancakes!

VikingMom said...

Sounds yummy! I'm glad you found something that she was willing to eat. Who knows...maybe this stomach flu will actually get her to like fruit?

Kristi said...

i'm throwing up cause heidi talked about orange pop. gag. oh, there i go again. seriously. throwing up. gag.

can you make me some pumpkin pancakes? tomorrow? thank you.

oh, and some potatoes for thanksgiving.

and brownies for the day after thanksgiving.

and oh, i'm throwing up. don't forget the pancakes.

Lyn said...

What time is breakfast?

Heidi said...

Kristi - don't be such an orange pop hater.

It's a beautiful thing.

And it's sugar free.

Linda said...

You're awesome. Emily and Brian are lucky to have you. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Missarrie said...

Since I cannot join you for breakfast would you share the recipe?
When I read your blog I was thinking on the same line as VikingMom; maybe she will begin to like fruit.