Thursday, November 27, 2008

Sorry Christie Walker because

I am thankful for turkey--my daughter ate a ton of it today.  It's the first day she has actually eaten all three meals since she was sick and two of those consisted of turkey!

I don't mean to trivialize the idea of Thanksgiving.  I have so much to be thankful for--AND--I am so grateful and feel so blessed.  You know it's funny, I don't have too many people in my life that are in the armed forces or have been in their past, but at Thanksgiving I can't help but think of these men/women who are sacrificing their family time/turkey time/safety to protect me and my freedom.  So, THANK YOU!!

3 comments:

VikingMom said...

Yeah! Emily's eating again. I hate it when the kids get sick, you feel so helpless...even when it's just a minor cold. You don't want them to be in pain or suffer. However, when they're feeling better you rejoice when they return to their normal crazy kid behaviors. I'm glad your world is returning to normal.

FRANSZTASTIC said...

how awesome that she ate turkey! praise God she's getting her appetite back...it was hard for ella too like to eat again...i guess we're kind of the same way when we get sick too. wow, the way you think of things sometimes blows me away! you are right, we do need to be thankful for all the men & women that are fighting for us & couldn't be with their family this Thanksgiving...deep thoughts by jenn keep me tuned in to your blog :)

christie walker said...

Hahahaha! I am SO glad she is eating again and SO glad it was turkey.
I really have a blessed life and have so much to be thankful for... especially for my mom who cooked a 85% vegan Thanksgiving for me and Matt. So sweet!
I think because Emily is really liking turkey, you will now have to roast a whole turkey everyday.