Sunday, November 9, 2008

My birthday celebrations

I turned 30 last week---it's hard to believe.  I know most people must dread their 30th, but I had a totally different view...I won't give you all of the boring history here, but let's just say, I was so happy that day came.  Anyway, my family got together that night for Brian and my favorite teppan restaurant in Irvine.  They have a silly tradition on birthdays though....birthday girl/boy must wear a hat  (pictured below) while being sung to.  Now, I don't want to think about all of the germs that sat on my head at that moment....but nonetheless....it made me laugh.  Emily was not a fan of the hat and clung to me with all of her might.  

Since Emily's party was yesterday, we had some friends come in from out of town and we had another birthday dinner at The Melting Pot.  I haven't been there in what seems like forever.  We had a GREAT time!  




2 comments:

Missarrie said...

Love the hat Jen; looks like you had a great time.

FRANSZTASTIC said...

Happy B-Day!!! Much love- The Franszy's