Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Little E's birthday

Emily turned one yesterday.  It really is so hard to believe how fast the year went!  We had a rough morning.  We're pretty sure she's teething again because she was really grumpy and had a low grade fever since Saturday night.  So, in order to keep the peace in the house, we decided to watch Sesame Street.  Emily LOVES Elmo.  She always smiles when he comes on.  Anyway, to my surprise, Elmo's subject yesterday was birthdays.  I thought it was pretty cute that they had a clip from his first birthday blowing out a candle, so I took a picture of it.  What are the odds that Elmo would talk about his first birthday on Emily's?  I just thought it was sweet.  

Emily's fever had disappeared even without medication, so we decided to venture out to Disneyland.  Joe/Alisha/Oliver met us there and we had a great time.  The rest of my family joined us a few hours later.  We had a fantastic day.  For those of you who have kids that will experience a birthday a Disneyland....I suggest getting a birthday pin.  It's personalized, so everyone would say, "Happy Birthday, Emily!" Obviously, Emily didn't appreciate this pin as much as we did, but I can imagine older kids getting a kick out of everyone acknowledging them.  










6 comments:

Missarrie said...

These pictures are so precious; thank you for sharing them. It looks as though she had a great first birthday celebration.

Diane Davis said...

looks like a really wonderful day. love the pictures.

Lyn said...

Love the pictures of her special day. The 5th picture melts my heart! Happy Birthday, Sweet Em!

Heidi said...

So cute... the picture of you holding her is beautiful.

Kristi said...

Yeah Emily! I'm so glad we got to be there!!!!

FRANSZTASTIC said...

Happy Birthday Emily!!! I'm sorry I missed it! :( I had a friend that was going thru a hard time. Jess and Ella had a blast!!! Thanks for having them!!!