Thursday, April 17, 2008

Missing my hubby....

Okay, so I have been single mommin' it this week and I decided it is NOT for me!  I am so incredibly thankful that I do not have to do this on a regular basis.  For those of you that are single parents--my hat goes off to you!  

I miss my husband SO much and I know that his little girl misses him too.  I don't think I realized just how many little things he does to help out with her.  With an infant, there is so much that has to be done.  For instance... one thing I have never been good at with her is suctioning her slime from her nose.  She wakes up sounding like a pig most mornings and he always helps with that.  Well...since he has been gone, I have had to do it.  I must be getting better though 'cause I got a TON out this morning.  He cuts her nails, he burps her, he changes her diapers, he gets her dressed, he takes her to daycare---he helps with everything!  I know that I am truly blessed to have him as my husband and Emily is going to have the best male role model.  I can't wait until he comes home tomorrow!!!!! 

I tried to upload some videos, but they didn't want to cooperate.  I'll try to get them up later.   

Emily and Brian in line for this ride.  (video to come) We actually rode in that cookie bucket. Yes, she does have crazy hair in the back.  Christie Walker, our hair stylist won't let us cut the "rat tail."  P.S.  If you need your hair done--she is awesome---she won't leave you with the rat tail though, unless you want it. 
Emily is actually wearing a shirt that says "Apple of daddy's eye."  She totally is...

6 comments:

Don said...

What a great post! If Brian were the emotional type, he'd get all misty over this! I know he can't wait to be home to both of his ladies!

Great pictures too!!!

christie walker said...

Dude just wait till her rat tail is long enough to braid! I am so excited!!!!

You have such an awesome hubby. Isn't weird that sometimes you don't notice all the things they do until they are away? Makes you appreciate them so much more. So strange how that works.
And if you ever need help I am a call away.

Thank you for your kind words about my hair styling ability.
:)

Alicia said...

Having a helpful husband is one of the best things in life. I can relate, thankfully!
I'm glad Brian will be home tomorrow. Enjoy the weekend!!

Kristi said...

Yeah for good Daddys!!!

I still have never cut my girls nails...I'm clueless.

Nor do I like the slime suction thingy....

Hang in there...tomorrow is hours away.

Lyn said...

Yeah! It's 6:54 a.m. and Brian's plane should be landing any minute! Have a great weekend!!!

Brazenlilly said...

It is so true that going at it alone gives us a new respect for the daddies and also for single moms who have to do this all the time! And she is SUCH a doll--and I can hardly see the rat tail.